Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day when I AWOLed

For my overseas friends: AWOL - Absence without leave, a term we use for local guys who enter into army and go missing without telling their superior

So this is what I did this morning... I was supposed to have a site recce this morning... I took off... I guess I really needed time to do my own stuff instead of going for a site recce, imagining what would be an overhead bridge and some other stuff on the road when it is not even built... makes no sense to me... so i took off...

I had a lot of things which I need inspiration to do but yet have nothing at the moment.,. it's quite a frustrating thing when inspiration runs away from you the moment you need them the most... I need to do up the poster for my school alumni dinner, the email to my potential clients, promoting them my new company, do more for my website.... the list goes on... now with regular work on weekdays, either weekday nights or weekends are the only time i can get to work on other stuff... not to even mention to spend time catching up with my friends, doing stuff for f1, catching up with my korean wave and spending time with my family and two cats... i used to be able to manage all of them.. but these 1 mth, i'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed... i suddenly just stopped doing everything altogether... no more drive, no more urgency to get things done...

it took me a whole week to get my website done up when it could have just taken me 3 days... and still, i'm not happy with it even though my partner just felt it was ok to his standards... i blame the inspiration that run away from home...

initially, i wanted to carry on rolling on my bed when i made up my mind not to go for the recce... then i told myself that maybe i should get up and get out of the house and do some stuff... i took my laptop and landed at coffee bean...now waiting for shaun to appear and spend some time with me, motivating me and pushing me to work.. haha... slavedriver shaun i call him... but the soft and slittery me who can almost slip off any chair cos i'm so unmotivated, might just not even budge at all...

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sometimes you just need to disappear, no? I wish I could do that.....