Sunday, March 06, 2011

Taking a short break...

I took time off work on the coming mon... for some weird reason, i do feel excited about the leave... i told cubix abt it and she said it's bcos i needed a break.. Maybe... too much has happened and I have learnt my lessons from the various things that happened.. maybe it is time to digest those lessons...

work wise, clashes between team members have started to surface... team lead is pushing more work over as she spends more time with her main portfolio and i have been officially 'sold' to another ministry for my main portfolio... which means I can no longer do the things that I like to do... the idea of being sold is not something in the plan... so for a while I was confused... plus with all the clashes of the team members... when my team lead is hardly around, it's all left up to me... how do u deal with kids in an adult manner? Best of all, the effort I had put in for one of the main processes got overturned and my team lead whom had initially agreed with the idea was one of the main voices... how ironic... colleagues at work are turning into animals which I do not seem to understand... backstabbing each other, creating more redundant work for themselves so that they look more busy but in the end, it is the consumers who suffer... what logic is this? i dunno much about work survival but i know to survive in an office, u need to do things with ur brain...

In business wise, i turned down the opportunity to be an official party supplier for one of the big names here as i figured out it was not a profit making collaboration... hard decision for me as the company is just starting out and i need to put my name out there... but I reckon this is not the way i want to go... so its back to the drawing board AGAIN...

I found out that one of my friends who had a HUGE crush on this other colleague of ours for a couple of years now...Only this morning that I realised that the other colleague is married and the bride is not my friend... oops.. i can almost imagine how she will feel...

The most embarrassing thing happened in public... a friend had jokingly pulled my pony tail in public in a bid to stop me from walking out of a store... and as a result, i nearly fell backwards as she was pulling too hard at my pony tail. While I'm worried that I would fall backwards, I was more embarrassed to be held 'captive' in such a manner. As I struggled to break free, I nearly hit somebody who was at the back of us.. and I tell you, I will never tie a pony tail again when I am meeting this friend. Will tie it into a bun. I thought there were always better ways to stop a person, than this childish method...

I started Korean lessons again and this time with NUS whom I regard as a more reputable institution. True enough, even though I would think that the pace at which they teach is much slower than most commercial schools, they are much more thorough.. and through the explanation of why certain rules are made the way they are, it makes the language a whole lot easier. Just finished my 3rd lesson and I am almost able to read all the Korean words. Of cos, the vocab and grammar is something that needs to be accumulated over time... but I'm still glad that I chose this course... partly also because of the alumni discount.. hehe...

To you: I dunno why these days you come to my mind so ever often... I frequently think about the times we were together, the times I feel so protected and safe in your arms and how I would always shared everything with you. These days when I fight a battle at work, pushing my way through with the new initiatives that I want to implement, I think of what you tell me when I was struggling during my event course days.. you will always be there for me and you will be proud of me.. even though I had lost a battle just last week, as I sat in the office very late in the night and I was the only one left, I would always tell myself what you tell me and I will get the strength to carry on... Although our relationship may never be the same again, we may drift further apart, I want you to know that during my trying times, the words you said to me meant the world to me and I wish you didnt have to fight the battles that I need to at work...

Finally, here's a clip from the recent concert that I have gone to... raymond lam.. one of hong kong's brightest stars in recent years... one of my favourite segments.. p.s this guy cant dance to save his life... this is pretty much the best he can do...

1 comment:

Mrs Jin Akanishi said...

So this Lin Feng, not that Ling Feng? Hahahahahahaa