Monday, February 07, 2011

To Pam with Love...

hey Pam, I got your letter and it's definitely a surprise for me! I love receiving mail although I dun receive much! Here's my reply to your mail!
============================================

Wow... it's been such a long time since I last updated! Let's see... I missed the Xmas , New Year and now it's the Lunar New Year in Singapore... Lots have happened since then... let me do a quick recap...

I had gone on a short getaway to KL after the staff retreat with my aunts and my mom... it was a bit bleah due to the differences in shopping style but I'm just glad that my mom had a great time and the whole purpose was to bring her for a holiday and I'm glad I did it.

I had a lousy Xmas cos I was running a fever and some other nonsense, missed a lot of luncheons in the office and even had no appetite for Cubix's sponsored Xmas lunch... but despite it, we had a great time on Xmas eve and even took some 'scandalous' pics... Not many xmas presents.. ray got me a humidifier which was a surprise for me... and the office peeps had left tons of candies on my desk during my absence... which i was more than glad to chuck half of them to other ppl.... am trying very hard to get junk food out of my drawers...

New Year's Eve was also spent with Cubix... we had a great time shopping and got a lot of *ahem* clothings...it was a great shopping trip... esp when you know you have slogged the year away... I didnt do any countdown this year... I spent a quiet countdown with my two kids... both of them are turning 9 this yr and they still never fail to amaze me everyday... * I will get to my New Yr's resolutions later*

I took time off for the week of Lunar New Yr and although I was supposed to go back to work today, I was down with slight food poisoning... despite this, CNY was great as I had spent catching up with my relatives, including family gossips... so & so married so & so and so & so divorced... blah blah blah.... Although I was supposed to be on MC today, I made a quick trip to Ikea and got some stuff for my room, went for a swim, brought Xaviar out on a short shopping trip for books and spent more time with my cats * erm, they were sleeping the whole time though*

Now for the different aspects of my life...

During my absence from the blog, most of my time were spent at work.. trying to avoid arrows that seemed to be coming my way, trying to pluck out arrows that were stuck at my back and also trying to shoot arrows at people... work environment is a complicated place and to survive you need to outsmart all these peeps, observe what is happening and decide who's camp you wanna be in... nobody really cares if you finish your work or have you taken the initiative to get something done. The focus is always what you have not done or done insufficiently. There are days I go home, almost ready to get myself out of this craziness but for the sake of other priorities and dreams in life, I got to stay put for the time being. How long, I dunno... Cubix has thrown in the towel, partially because hubby has found something better and she needs to be the Minister of Home Affairs and also due to the craziness in the office. Of cos, I got to take part of the blame for pulling her into this... but when she made up her mind, I'm glad and deep down, I'm counting down to the days she finally can leave this mad place.

On a personal level, my sideline is starting to kick off... as with every year, I want to jumpstart it... but the energy fizzes out the moment my $$ runs out... but this time it is different as we have potential clients and we are in discussion for exclusive provision of services which is a huge thing for a small setup like ours... the current job pays me well enough to set aside $$ for the company and this is one main reason why I am still in the midst of the craziness and even resorting to different means and ways against my own wishes to survive.

My love life is still a blank at the moment as I'm more focused on my career... over the last CNY, relatives have been asking when am I finding myself a good man and stop collecting ang bows... i would just smile and rub it off... besides, I enjoy the life now.. no shared house, no shared bills, no burden and all.. of cos, I really wouldnt mind if I have a non committed relationship... like what a friend tells me, one which is like a relationship of companionship. Good enough for me.

To recall what were the accomplishments in 2010, the list is a bit long.. but definitely a fulfilling one:

1. Organised OCBC Cycle Singapore 2010 - despite a broken leg and upsetting situations, I'm glad I did it at least once. NO MORE!

2. Did F1 Singapore 2010. Managed a bunch of kids, rude and unhappy public during the 3 day event and yes, I was proud of it.

3. Travelled twice to Korea - The biggest reward I had for the 2 trips was knowing Min Yong, Jason and got to feel the true warmth of Koreans and of cos, not forgetting watching World Cup 2010 with thousands of Koreans and cheering for the Korean team.

4. Found myself a permanent job - despite the craziness... it paid the bills and let me survive...

5. Contributed more towards my alma mater - took the time to sit in the organising committee for QSS alumni dinner and we managed to pull off the event for 270 pax. Although I was a little disappointed that none of my classmates turned up to support, I was happy that I contributed my little effort. This year, it will be the school's 50th anniversary and I sit in the organising committee again, organising for 1000 pax.

6. Had a stronger relationship with Cubix. of cos I felt bad about putting her into the shit hole but I'm glad she knew that it was out of good intention for her to put bread on the table. When she broke down over the phone, my heart broke and the sense of guilt got heavier. So when she finally made the decision to go, I was relieved that she didnt need to go through all that anymore. Despite all that we went through, the two of us can still raise our glasses and drink to the strong friendship forged over the years. For somebody who has been betrayed by so-called BFFs since young, this type of friendship is almost extinct in my world but Cubix made it happen again.

In fact, in 2011, I want to accomplish lots more... including those that I did not manage to accomplish in 2010. Here's the list:

1. learn Korean (enrolled in classes starting on 19 Feb)
2. learn how to drive ( erm, still pending cos I'm really looking for a chauffeur)
3. Start my own business ( with a great ka kia (underling) I foresee this happening )
4. save more money (yes, my bank was looking a bit happier until my shopping horns decided to appear)
5. travel more (planning more short trips to recharge myself, maybe taiwan, korea this yr)
6. exercise more (yes yes yes... it has always been there in my list)

Hopefully, this time round, by 2012, I can accomplish more than this list of items.

Now, here's Meow Meow & Boy Boy wishing you a happy new yr!

Meow : *opens one eye* meow~~~

Boy: MEOW!!!!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Awww! Thanks Kate! That totally made my day! It sounds like it's been a busy crazy year for you too! I hope you get everything accomplished in 2011 that you want, and more!