Sunday, August 01, 2010

Growing old...

As much as I dun wish to admit it, I'm growing old... I spent almost 30 yrs on this planet, enjoying all that it has got to offer... and it's only the past 2 years which I truly enjoyed myself... what do I mean by that?

In my first 21 years, I was bothered by exams, tuition, childish things such as "I dun friend you anymore!"... then the next 6 years, I was bothered by weight, career, life partner issues... by 27, I was thrown into another dimension where I decided to pursue another career and re-start everything in my life again... the next 2 years, I spent energy on learning the tricks and traits of the industry, sometimes even wondering if I am suitable for this industry at all. Of cos, in the midst of it, I spent time wondering about marriage life, love, friendships and what am I gonna do for the rest of my life.

Ever since the starting of my own little setup, I was more settled.. a lot of people looked at my resume and said, " are u on a lookout for contract work constantly?" I used to be bothered by it but I guess I should be thankful that all these temp/contract jobs gave me the experience and contacts that I needed within a short period of time.... also because of the nature of the work, I have more time to pursue things that I really want to do such as learning photoshop, contributing back to my alma mater, spending time with my family etc... things that matter to me... as long as there is enough money to go around, i'm grateful. of cos, there are good friends who know I am cash strapped sometimes and stuff things down my throat, be it an incentive trip or cold hard cash, it is their way of caring... and while sometimes my pride gets the better of me, i'm grateful for such friends around me...

Now, I no longer want to be part of the 'in' group, i wanna just be myself, be comfortable in my own skin... without conforming to the society's views of how a 30 yr old should be. who says a 30 yr old should be married with kids now? I'm just looking for a companion.. as long as we are happy together, it's good enough for me. if we want kids, then get married when we are ready.. go with the flow of things and not with the number of years...

recently, a conversation with another friend made me realise that another friend of ours was one of the most hated person amongst the few of us... they didnt like the person and pretended to be on good terms... I found that to be quite sad... imagine a few yrs later, i will grow to be like that... oh man... imagine if that friend knew the truth... how devastating would that be for the person? I just want to treat everyone with a genuine heart... be it whether you have hurt me or loved me from the bottom of your heart... I just want to be true and real and I think so far, I have done well in this aspect...

Reaching 30 in a few mths will be another milestone for me... another new chapter of my life... more adventures to come and more great things to come... here's a toast to life, toast to me growing old!

No comments: