Sunday, November 14, 2010

Long busy week...

It has been a long and busy 2 weeks... with the skin allergy that I had, work has been delayed and I did all I could to clear all the work that has been sitting on top of me when I'm busy scratching...

I spent the last thursday and friday clearing everything... I sat down and quieten myself to work... By Friday night, I cleared almost 90% of my work... I left work at 830pm, happy that I managed to finish majority of my pending work. Despite missing some of the deadlines, I'm still glad I made it by Friday.

I realised that work has been alright for me although I have been upset over certain reporting structures and other nitty gritty... I also realised that in order to survive in any place, you got to tell yourself to stop hearing all the negative things in the office... so and so is leaving, so and so is unhappy, so and so is .... when I started this job, all I cared about was the money and the fact that it allowed me to go home on the dot so that it allows me to do all other things that I wanted to. I didnt know what has changed.. maybe it was the permanent position or the added responsibilities, I get easily swayed by all the negative things that people are saying into my ears...

I learnt my lessons well.. i left a lot of jobs in the previous companies due to such negativity... but i realised when you listen to such things, you tend to forget the main motive of taking up this job... i left events to do an admin job... but yet, giving my past experience in events, i'm tasked with almost all their events... be it good or bad, i'm glad because there is still a small relevance to my passion... my bosses see me as somebody who can do bigger things in the job and i see everything they task me to do as a form of training for the bigger things in life... if i cannot even handle such a tiny thing, how else can i handle a bigger job? So when my neighbours are complaining of overwhelming work, unreasonable bosses and all other sorts, i'm just glad that i have this job that pays the bills, lets me expand my potential and even let me do a little bit of events...

1 comment:

Pam said...

Good Attitude Kate! Sometimes it's hard to stay positive in amongst all the negativity - but you're right - keep it all in perspective!