Saturday, November 06, 2010

Of work, allergies and all sorts

It's been a long time since I blogged... the last post was in Aug (eeps!) I've been super busy with everything in life.. and of cos, there have been times I picked up my laptop trying to put in some lines for my blog.. but some how, the inspiration flies away the moment I hit the second line...

Here's my little update...

I finished my stint with F1 Singapore 2010 and had a fabulous time! The sound of the engines, the burning rubber smell and of course, the crew that were under me and the counterparts that I had worked with were simply unforgettable. Despite not able to get to do events in the pit building, being on the ground with the foundation people who made F1 possible is a great experience for me.

I started on my temp job when I came back from Seoul..cubix joined the company soon after that.. the company has since converted me to their full time staff, complete with benefits and yes, a great pay. A lot much more than what I imagined or even wanted. Maybe because my greed was insatiable... I wanted to justify to myself that the work or shit that i will be doing for them is worth every single cent that I see in the bank account. The environment is political with lots of undercurrent and gossips. The one whom didnt like politics in the past has learnt to make full use of my innocent looking face and make such politics work for me in order to get what I want.. sounds evil but I see this as how one needs to survive in such an environment. So far, I'm surviving and I want to survive till I get promoted to the deputy manager position and lead my own division. As for my passion in events, it hasnt fizzled out. In the course of my work, I'm still helping to plan major briefing sessions, retreats etc. This helps to keep me in touch with the industry and lets me keep my passion going...

In the meantime, I'm also helping my school to organise the alumni dinner... the first time I have seen my own photoshop work being printed into a huge poster and used as a publicity material... yes, it makes me feel proud.

I had a busy work week 2 weeks ago and went back to work last sat to clear my work and decided to help cubix buy a marimo (it's a japanese green algae ball) for her to relieve her stress... but the boo boo me accidentally slipped and fell and sprained my ankle (again!). Went to the chinese doctor to get some medication and there I go again, got allergic to the medication and my skin started to have ezcema again... now my left leg looks like a puffer fish due to water retention and the broken skin...sigh.... my kitties look at me and sigh, shake their head and walk away... as i hop to work almost everyday and struggle to do everything and refuse to let anyone take me as an invalid, it's getting better now... skin seems to be healing and all... hopefully by mid of next week, it can fully recover...

next week is going to be another busy week... lots of things to do and follow up, especially when I have not done much this week... let's hope for a better week..

Happy Diwali! I miss you.

No comments: