Sunday, June 05, 2011

Soon & I

Soon & I met 2.5 years ago.. at one of my friend's graduation ceremony. I wasn't formally introduced to him but I remember him giving a small speech during the ceremony and I found him full of energy (and he still is!)

6 months later, I was formally introduced to Soon at a bucket list event. He shared his glorious past and his humbling present. In that short few hours, he unlocked one of the biggest knot I had in my heart at that point in time. To tell somebody how much I loved him. As I listened to his own story, my heart felt for him and my heart was crying too... and eventually as we sat to gather our thoughts for the night, real tears flowed. It was just too much to bear for one night... The night ended with a midnight kite flying expedition at the Marina Barrage and a promise to meet more often for such events.

Fast forward to 2010, I met Soon again at another bucket list event. This time, I was already in my current job and working furiously away while juggling my own company. I couldnt make it till the end of the night and had to run off even before the fun truly began. Soon & I merely said a word of hi and bye that night...

In May 2011, Soon was giving a talk on life coaching and invited me along... It was a fun session, knowing more people and more interesting people... Soon, as usual was the highlight of the day.. numerous people wanted to speak to him and catch up with him... and I left for another appointment after a while. Later that night, Soon & I arranged for a coffee session the next day...

Through that relaxing coffee session, Soon could see how less happy I was compared to the 1st time he met me 2 years ago. More knots were tied around me, more things to worry about and more negativity around me. He heard my 'sob sob' story about work and gave his advice... the most that mattered was the fact that for a person who is super busy, he bothers to spend time to listen to somebody who has been an acquaintance for the past 2 years. This is something that truly touched my heart.

After that 2 hours session, a lot of questions popped in my mind. As I was on leave the next day, a lot of time was spent rethinking about priorities and the passion in my life... in fact, the more I thought about it, the more I wished I had thrown in my resignation letter...to prevent myself from doing that, I had to take MC for the next day... basically just rot and do nothing... so that's how 'powerful' Soon's conversation can be...

Things have gone back to normal... the resignation shall be left till after the July big project is over before I can think about it again... and hopefully, by then I will be ready to face the other knots in my life...

No comments: